Plenty to do for all ages and tastes
We’ve put together a whole host of activities for you to participate in, whatever the weather! Wild swimming, forest school for all ages, tree climbing for all skill levels and abilities, disco dancing, family sports day and cocktail tasting are just a few of those on offer. We hope you don’t forget to relax and do absolutely nothing though – remember you are on holiday, it’s okay to stay in your pyjamas all day if you want to!
Stuff For Kids
What your kids should definitely be doing at Starry Skies this summer:
- Going feral (and you not minding!)
- Making loads of new friends
- Learning new skills like catching fish, hunting for insects and rolling down a big hill until they get dizzy.
- Swinging in the tree ropes in the forest
- Sleeping like logs after all the fresh air
- Being proud of the grazes they get from their outdoor adventures
Stuff For Mums
Overworked, underappreciated and underpaid…. if these words resonate with you then you definitely need some love! We want Starry Skies to be the place Mums finally get some “me-time”; time to relax, unwind and rejuvenate. Or even better, do nothing! Pour yourself a glass of wine, close the zip of your tent and get stuck into that book that’s been gathering dust on your bedside table.
Our aim is to make sure the kids are happy and free so you have the space to indulge yourself however you like.
Here is our suggested itinerary for Mums at Starry Skies:
- Send the kids to the Starry Skies early morning breakfast and cartoon club so you can have a lie in
- Have an early evening gin and tonic at lunchtime instead!
- Zone out with a yoga class in our workshop space
- Go wild swimming in the private river bathing spot on site
- Have a hot tub with the girls and fantasize about what life was like before kids!
- Go on a cinema date with your partner and watch an old romantic classic eating popcorn on cushions
Stuff For Dads
We think dads have a hard time too (well, we would, we’re all dads!), so to show our solidarity we’ve put together a little list of things we know you’ll enjoy:
- Come and sample the local real ales at the bar
- Fancy some exercise? Then try some wild river canoeing and paddle down rapids in the rugged mountain valleys
- Show off your sporting prowess at the Sunday family sports day
- Star gaze from the porch of your tent with a hot toddy in hand
- Are you a Dad DJ? Then get your mix ready for the open disco sessions every night and join in the Battle of the Dad DJs
Most activities on site are limited in group numbers so you may not always be guaranteed access to all the workshops but there will be plenty of activities to participate in throughout your stay at Starry Skies. Also please remember that we cannot accept responsibility for your children and we expect you or your friends to supervise them at all times.