WHERE WE ARE & HOW TO GET THERE
Our gorgeous farm is one of the best family campsites in the UK.
You can find us on Cwm Cayo Farm, in the village of Usk (site postcode NP15 1HS). By car, it’s just over an hour from Bristol, less than two from Birmingham and just over three hours from London.
It’s very important to arrive via Llancayo in order to avoid an impossibly sharp turn onto the farm. Please check your Sat Nav before setting off so that it avoids Gwehelog or Raglan, and is directing you via Llancayo instead.
If you’re coming from…
- Bristol/Bath/Reading/South coming the right way via Llancayo is a doodle and barely adds a minute to journey time.
- Oxford way approach from the South/ via Newport.
- If you’re coming via Gloucester/Cotswold come off just before Raglan down the A449, taking the A472 to Usk before taking the B4598 into Llancayo and onto site.
- The same goes for those arriving from the North – turn off before Raglan on the A449 and head for Usk then Llancayo.
As it’s fairly rural, local buses don’t run to the campsite – and though we’d love to offer shuttle buses, the fact we’re such a tiny event means this sadly isn’t viable at this stage. Those of you who are planning to join us by public transport would be best off getting a train to Cwmbran station. From there, it’s approx a 25 minute taxi journey.
Starry Skies has separate areas for general tent camping and an area for those who want to camp with friends in live in vehicles.
We will provide plenty of hot showers and toilets, fresh water taps and rubbish/recycling facilities. We also have a well stocked campsite shop that will cater for most of your camping needs and sundries.
This year we will be taking card payments at the bar and the camp shop and you will be able to get cash back when you spend £10 or more at the camp shop.
A Few Rules To Keep Everyone Safe
We do allow campfires in the campsites, with some safety restrictions:
- All fires must be off the ground i.e. in a fire-wok
- They must be 2m from any tent and 3m from any vehicle
- Fires must be attended at all times and kept well away from gas canisters and cookers
- Campsite stewards will put out any fires which are not off the ground.
Please make note of the fire points and return used gas canisters from camping stoves to Public Information for disposal and recycling.
Please do not bring glass bottles to the campsite. Decant liquids into plastic before you arrive. As this is a family event there’ll be lots of tiny bare feet running around everywhere!
We welcome our campers to bring along a personal stash of alcohol to the event but you will not be able to bring booze into the bar area. This is a condition of our licensing for the event.
We do not allow sound systems, amplified music or ghetto blasters in the camping areas. You can of course bring your acoustic instruments such as guitars for campfire sing-alongs.
Please respect your fellow campers and make sure everyone can sleep when they want to, even if they snore heavily throughout the night!